Capital One Financial Corporation
Capital One Financial Corporation: “Who’s in your wallet?” Data security a key factor for hacked bankAugust 1, 2019
Research briefs are only available to current customers. If you would like to learn more about our Platform and Data products and how we generate unique investment ideas, contact us.
Capital One’s ESG performance charts on Truvalue Platform include notable past incidents related to Data Security and controls before its 106 million-person hack revealed this week.
- Capital One’s overall score changes in the TTM period were 61% attributable to score changes in Data Security
- Some security professionals say it is likely that Capital One failed to guard its customer data with the correct permissions
- Researchers say other companies’ data was likely also hacked and published online by the same hacker
- Settlement amounts for major hacking incidents have risen in recent years, with variable results for stock performance
- The legal and regulatory environment may change to be tougher on companies that allow data theft in response to the COF hack, as New York’s AG vows to investigate