AudiDaimlerGeneral MotorsMaruti Suzuki IndiaPeugeot SAToyota Motor Corp
How do Automakers perform on SDGs? Examining car manufacturers in the Americas, Asia, and EuropeDecember 16, 2020
Research briefs are only available to current customers. If you would like to learn more about our Platform and Data products and how we generate unique investment ideas, contact us.
Timely SDG data offers a view of automakers, a key industry for the global energy transition. Automakers in this cohort include all firms within FactSet’s RBICS Level 5 Industry of Car Manufacturers.
In this research brief we examine more than a decade of data applying the perspective of the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to company performance on ESG topics.
- Analysis of four key Goals for the industry over time
- A look at industry performance by region for Americas, Asia, and Europe
- Drills into specific Goals with examples of Toyota, GM, Audi, and Daimler
- Outlook includes the biggest changes in Goal relevancy for individual automakers:
- In YTD 2020, among automakers with top-tier data volume, General Motors, Peugeot SA, and Maruti Suzuki India had the three largest increases in significance of a single goal