Procter & GambleUnilever
A new view of SDG alignment: Truvalue launches Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) data solution to measure corporate impact on stakeholdersNovember 23, 2020
Research briefs are only available to current customers. If you would like to learn more about our Platform and Data products and how we generate unique investment ideas, contact us.
Around three quarters of large cap firms discuss SDGs in company reports, but far fewer, 14% of firms, set SDG-related targets, and only 1% actually report performance against targets, according to PwC.
Truvalue Labs’ novel SDG dataset provides timely SDG scores on 19,000+ companies, with a 13-year history.
- This dataset captures stakeholder views from Big Data drawn from >100,000 sources
- This outside-in view informs investors beyond more basic revenue-mapping data
- The data serves to counterbalance company reports, as KPMG finds company SDG reporting to be positively skewed
- Dynamic Materiality, based on actual data volume for companies, reveals which specific Goals are most relevant
- SDG scores can be used to evaluate individual company performance on the SDGs, or how a portfolio contributes or detracts from the Goals